Thursday 13 February 2014

Inspirational post from DAPCU, Mehsana, Gujarat

An Experience DIS DAPCU, Mehsana in Consultation Workshop on finalizing Social Protection Guidelines at Jaipur on 5th February-2014


           On behalf of DAPCU Mehsana I had attended the Consultation Workshop on Social Protection Guideline at Lebua Resort, Jaipur on  5th February-2014. It was an honour to be a part of the team witnessing the first ever national meet. Experience in the Workshop added lots of values and boosted my enthusiasm and courage to work closely for the cause. Lot of things I came to know from the events where I had participated and shared. This will be reflected in the steps taken ahead for my district. Followings are some of my experiences and learning from the Workshop.

               The requirement of National AIDS Control Programme is not confined to care support and treatment but has extended to linkages of the PLHA for social protection scheme. Now the time has came to advocate for various schemes to give humanitarian touch for the people living with HIV AIDS. 

               Although DAPCU in Mehsana have already been involved in facilitating PLHA and HRG to avail schemes still there is long way forward. I came to know about the thematic components, efforts in policy and strategies adopted by different states and nations as well for linkages of PLHA to social protection schemes. 

                This is my first ever participation and exposure in National level Consultation Workshop on Social Protection Guideline which helped me to understand various schemes, policies and strategies to link PLHA in to social protection schemes. It also enriched my knowledge and boosted my confidence to work for the PLHA in my district.I had shared my views and challenges faced in my District during group discussions held during the Workshop for Prepare SP Guideline.During the one days of the Workshop, I met Cosultant Mainstreaming, DACO & DPM  of  Verious  State &  District  and  we discussed about  How to Provide  Benefit  of  social protections schemes to PLHAs and HRGs.I came to know about the  importance given to linkages of  PLHA in to social protection schemes in NACP phase-IV and that all  DAPCUs need to play a pivotal role i,e facilitator for linkages to the schemes.I realized that  DAPCU need to ensure effective mechanism for delivery of social protection schemes.
             
                    My utmost gratitude to Elizabeth Michael,Team Leader, Mainstreaming & Partnerships Dept. of AIDS Control, Delhi for giving me chance to attend the Workshop on Social Protection Guideline and sincere gratefulness to Dr.Govind Bansal DAPCU Coordinator, National Resource Team(DNRT) for  support and confidence imposed on me and nominating my candidature.I must be thankful to our Additional Project Director, GSACS for his Approval to me for Attend the Workshop.

                  The efforts of UNDP and Dept. of AIDS Control, Delhi are really appreciable. This was an important and very good initiative to bring different Sate & District on to one platform to discuss and plan Social Protection Guideline for the People Living with HIV and AIDS & HRGs.

             

No comments: